CBD and Epilepsy – National Epilepsy Awareness Month
According to the World Health Organization, epilepsy affects more than 60 million people worldwide. Epilepsy is the most common neurological disorders characterized by recurrent seizures.
- Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder and affects people of all ages and means the same thing as “seizure disorders”. Epilepsy is characterized by unpredictable seizures and can cause other health problems
- Epilepsy is a spectrum condition with a wide range of seizure types and control varying from person-to-person
- Having seizures and epilepsy can also affect one’s safety, relationships, work, driving and so much more.
- Almost a third of patients with epilepsy have a treatment-resistant form, which is associated with severe morbidity and increased mortality
- Recent clinical studies have shown that CBD is very effective in treating epilepsy
“Image if your child, or a loved one, could not walk or speak and had motor impairment, debilitating seizures and a sleep disorder. This is life today for many people living with Angelman syndrome” Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics.
CBD and Epilepsy - National Epilepsy Awareness Month
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who live with epilepsy.
- 3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.
“There is an unmet need for better treatments for kids with Angelman syndrome, a rare epilepsy disease to help them live fuller lives and to aid their families and caregivers,” said Ben Philpot, PhD, Kenan Distinguished Professor of Cell Biology and Physiology and associate director of the UNC Neuroscience Center. “Our results show CBD could help the medical community safely meet this need.”
Hempdrate provides a large selection off all-natural, organic, non-GMO, and 100% vegan CBD products, formulated in an FDA-registered facility. Visit our shop today and use promo code “EPILEPSYFREE” to receive 15 % off on our CBD products..